Search This Blog

Shipwrecks and Lost Treasures of the Seven Seas : WET & HOT NEWS !

15 September 2012

Hershey holds first ever underwater marathon

Jesse Knutson -

History was made today in Hershey with the first every underwater marathon.

Anson Flake, CEO and Co-Founder of Hydroworx: "We've had over 200 runners come out and support this event, the underwater marathon, the first ever."

Today people gathered at Troegs Brewery in Hershey to witness history as over 200 people ran to raise money for a good cause.

Nicholas Robillard, Air Force Para-rescue: We're out here supporting the eagle fund which has helped me in my journey to my recovery from being injured in Afghanistan without that I wouldn't be the same mentally or physically nor would I be going back to my job."

The goal was to raise $250,000 to help 50 wounded warriors. Anson: "Knowing that every 5000 dollars heals a warrior and that we've broke through that 250k barrier by a lot, that gives me a lot of pleasure."

About a dozen warriors from across the country flew in to be at the event.

Full article...

Image

Posted via http://maritime-news.posterous.com Maritime-News posterous

No comments: