Search This Blog

Shipwrecks and Lost Treasures of the Seven Seas : WET & HOT NEWS !

05 December 2012

Missy Franklin to appear in a movie scuba diving to help disabled

John Meyer - 

Missy Franklin is famous for the innocent passion she brings to competitive swimming, but there's another kind of swimming that fills her with joy as well.

The teenage star of the London Olympics fell in love with scuba diving on a trip to Hawaii with her family in 2011.

Now she is getting certified so she can go to Bimini over spring break and shoot a scene diving with dolphins for Kurt Miller's upcoming movie, "The Current."

"Oh my gosh, I am so, so excited, I cannot wait," Franklin told me recently.

"My dad has been scuba diving his whole life. I've always watched him and my uncle go off on these amazing dive trips to all these incredible places, and I've always wanted to do it."

Last year Miller produced a beautiful film about disabled individuals learning to ski called "The Movement."

One of the characters was Rick Finkelstein, a Hollywood executive who was paralyzed in a ski accident at Aspen in 2004.

Full article...

Image

Posted via http://maritime-news.posterous.com Maritime-News posterous

No comments: