Search This Blog

Shipwrecks and Lost Treasures of the Seven Seas : WET & HOT NEWS !

28 June 2012

'Hero' fisherman saves diver

Cambrian News -

A retired fisherman from Trefor has been hailed a hero after helping to save a scuba diver who had suffered a heart attack in the water.

Emyr Evans, 63, was out fishing on his boat on bank holiday Monday when he came across a man and woman struggling to keep afloat in the sea by the pier.

It later emerged that the man had suffered a heart attack while in the sea.

Emyr was alerted when he heard shouting and screaming coming from the woman and immediately went across on his boat to see if he could help.

He said: “I heard a woman shouting for help by the pier, and when I looked over I could see she was trying to keep a man above the water, she looked like she was really struggling.

“I went towards them as quickly as I could, I wasn’t sure whether the man was breathing or not.

“He was wearing scuba diving gear, so he was very heavy to pull up on to the boat.

“Instead he managed to hold on to the side and I guided him back to the shore, and the woman swam alongside him.

“I wasn’t sure what had happened to the man, I thought at first he may of been out of breath, the water was quite rough around the pier, but when he got to shore I realised it was more serious, he had actually suffered from a heart attack in the sea.”

After hospital treatment, the rescued man is recovering at home.

His wife has sent a message of thanks to Mr Evans.

Full story...

Posted via http://maritime-news.posterous.com Maritime-News posterous

No comments: